Thursday, January 6, 2011

Almost Friday

Inventory ....check

Tickets entered...check

Email read....check

Package sent....check

Ageing called......ugh.

Calling the ageing is not my idea of a good time. It's about my least favorite task here at PDQ, honestly and it must be done weekly. 'Ageing' is short for 'Aged Receivable Report'. Each Weds I get to go thru the 30-pg report, calling each client who has past-due invoices, and dunning them with an increasing level of urgency. PDQ takes away our branch commissions after an invoice is older than 50 days, unless we can prove some sort of extenuating circumstances such as it's a Federal Job and they're usually slow. Thus my first call is at 31 days, 2nd at 40 and "Lookahere. I'm about to send Guido with his violin case and we ALL know what that means" at 45 days. If those approaches fail, I hand the account off to our Branch Mgr and he tries the Good Ole Boy schtick.

Right now the report says we're at 90% current. This is good.

In other news, we're slower'n heck but a local hotel has ordered 2 dishwashers a day for the next week. We'll take it. It's January, and the only thing we're going to turn down (to quote one of my guys) is our collars.

No comments:

Post a Comment